LAST UPDATED: MAY 10, 2019
EFFECTIVE FROM: May 10,2019
What's acceptable and unacceptable use of ChurchSuite
Definitions we use in this document
This policy is aimed at Users who are being given access by an Administrator to access their orgnansation's ChurchSuite account and the data and files within it. The policy will help data controllers and users of The Service.
- “The Service” means our ChurchSuite software, which is accessed online through a web browser, or by using our mobile applications (Apps). Access is provided through a unique username/password/PIN. The service also includes any files you upload to the ChurchSuite file store.
- “your Organisation” means your church, charity or other type of organisation that has opened a ChurchSuite account.
- “us”, “we” and “our” refer to ChurchSuite Ltd.
- “you” means you, the person/User who accesses The Service’s admin-facing Church Suite software on behalf of your Organisation
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable conduct for use of The Service. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the data subjects within your organisation’s Church Suite account, The Service, or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access to The Service. This policy may change as ChurchSuite grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes.
- Comply with all Terms of Service, including the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- Comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data and privacy laws.
- Upload data and files that has been provided to you/your organisation with the consent of the Data Subject and/or in accordance with another legal basis for processing the Data Subject’s personal data;
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to or use of The Service;
- Keep passwords and all other login information confidential;
- Monitor and control all activity conducted through your user account in connection with The Service;
- Notify us promptly if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorised activity or a security breach involving your user account or
- Organisation, including any loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure or use of a username, password, user account or data relating to your members;
- Comply in all respects with all applicable terms of any optional third party integrations installed on your Organisation’s account in connection with your use of The Service.
- Permit any third party that is not an authorised user to access or use a username or password for The Service;
- Share, transfer or otherwise provide access to a user account designated for you to another person;
- Access The Service if you are under the age of 13;
- Use The Service to store or transmit any data or files that may infringe upon or misappropriate someone else's trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property, or that may be unlawful;
- Upload to, or transmit from, The Service any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to malicious software (e.g. virus, Trojan horse, worm), or other harmful component or a technology that unlawfully accesses or downloads content or information stored within The Service or any third party;
- Attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, hack, disable, interfere with, disassemble, modify, copy, translate, or disrupt the features, functionality, security, integrity, or performance of The Service (including any mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality of The Service); any third party use of The Service; or any third party data contained therein (except to the extent such restrictions are prohibited by applicable law);
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to The Service or related systems or networks or to defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, nullify, or otherwise circumvent any operational components, software protection, safety or security measure or monitoring mechanisms of The Service;
- Access The Service in order to build a similar or competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of The Service;
- Use The Service in any manner that may harm minors (under 18s) or that interacts with or targets people under the age of thirteen;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee of ours, an “Administrator”, an “Owner”, or any other authorised user, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, organisation or entity;
- Send unsolicited communications, promotions, advertisements, or spam;
- Send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- Sublicense, resell or similarly exploit The Service;
- Use information obtained from The Service (including email addresses) to contact authorised users outside of The Service or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for authorised users for use outside of The Service; or
- Authorise, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.