We're constantly updating and enhancing ChurchSuite, often building directly upon customer feedback to guide our development. The following lists some changes that were made to ChurchSuite between 29th March - 25th May 2018.
- 25-May-2018 Child check-in visitor changes logsWe've added a changes log to the Visitors report in the Children module so that you can now more easily see the changes made to a child visitor's details within that report if you need to. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/280-managing-visitor-information-from-child-check-in
- 24-May-2018 Batch delete actions for the Archived Contacts/Children reportsWe've added batch delete actions to the Archived Contacts report in the Address Book reports section, and also to the Archived Children report in the Children module. You can now easily filter archived people within a range of dates that they were archived (e.g. archived more than 1 year ago) and bulk delete them in one go. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/470-using-batch-actions-to-perform-bulk-updates-to-data
- 21-May-2018 Communication Options report for ChildrenWe've added a Communication Options report to the Children module, so that you can more easily manage and update the communication settings for groups of children, or even all children in the module. You can also edit the settings for parents of children who aren't linked to contacts in the address book. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/78-managing-your-my-churchsuite-communication-options-for-large-groups-of-contacts
- 15-May-2018 Keeping parent details when deleting a linked parentWhen deleting a linked parent from the Address Book, we now save the parent contact details against the unlinked child/children, meaning you won't lose important parent contact information if the adult parent invokes the right to erasure. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/81-how-to-link-a-child-to-their-parent
- 15-May-2018 ChurchSuite now fully supports emojiChurchSuite now fully supports the use of emoji. So you can now use emoji in a message subject or body content. You can even use emoji in ChurchSuite features like tag names, site names, rota roles or even module names if you wish! In a browser, pressing Ctrl+Cmd+Space brings up the emoji selector.
- 13-May-2018 AWS MigrationWe've completed the migration of all of ChurchSuite's digital infrastructure from UK Fast to Amazon Web Services, with data stored on AWS's UK servers. The migration brings to an end 20 months of planning and sets ChurchSuite up for at least the next decade of development.
- 03-May-2018 Logging tag changes on archiveWhen you archive a contact, child or giver, any tags that had previously been applied to them are removed. We now add an entry into the Changes log so that you can see which tags were removed when someone is archived. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/49-what-happens-when-i-archive-a-contact
- 01-May-2018 Download Batch ActionsWhen viewing the index pages for; contacts, children, givers, customers, and smallgroups you can now do a CSV download of your selection. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/470-using-batch-actions-to-perform-bulk-updates-to-data
- 01-May-2018 Smallgroups CommunicationWe've updated the smallgroup communication page to be consistent with other modules and make it easier to communicate with people in groups, clusters, tags and roles. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/425-communicating-to-individuals-and-groups-through-churchsuite#sg
- 01-May-2018 Batch delete notesWe've updated the Notes reports throughout all modules so that you can now batch delete old notes. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/470-using-batch-actions-to-perform-bulk-updates-to-data
- 26-Apr-2018 New Smart Tags for Children ModuleWe have added 3 new Smart Tags for the Children's module, as follows:
Email - this is the child's email
Parent Email - this will be the parent email, if the child is not linked to a parent in the address book or the parent email of the linked parent
Additional Email All of the above provide text comparison conditions https://support.churchsuite.com/article/37-smart-tags
- 25-Apr-2018 Address Book Full Details reportWe've added more flexibility to the Full Details report so that you can choose exactly which fields of information are included (and which aren't). https://support.churchsuite.com/article/159-data-cleansing-duplicates-missing-data-potential-couples-gender-check
- 23-Apr-2018 MailChimp merge fieldsWe've updated our MailChimp integration so that you can now choose which sync fields are sent over to MailChimp, giving you complete control over what data you share with them. To remove certain fields, simply click through to your integration and change the "Sync fields" options. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/64-how-to-integrate-mailchimp
- 23-Apr-2018 Ongoing consentAs a significant part of our GDPR development work, we've introduced new functionality to help churches with their compliance by gaining ongoing consent from those in their database. Easily send consent requests to contacts and children and then track and manage responses, with all the changes and consent evidenced in ChurchSuite. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/474-ongoing-consent
- 20-Apr-2018 Reviewing the Communication logWhen viewing either a contact, child or giver's profile, if you choose to view an entry in the Communication log, you'll now see the email exactly as the recipient received it with any merge fields replaced. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/425-communicating-to-individuals-and-groups-through-churchsuite
- 18-Apr-2018 Approvals option for new small group membersWe've added an "approvals" option for new small group members who sign up or are added to the group by a User. For each small group you can set whether new members are added as a "active" member of the group or as a "pending" member. Pending members need approval from a group leader (i.e. those with "Edit Group Details" role permissions) before they're accepted. Until 'activated' a pending status group member is unable to view the group member list in My ChurchSuite, if the list is available. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/53-adding-people-to-small-groups#Manage
- 18-Apr-2018 Small group member batch actionsWe've added batch actions to the group member table for small groups. You can now remove multiple group members at once when viewing any group in the Small Groups module. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/470-using-batch-actions-to-perform-bulk-updates-to-data
- 18-Apr-2018 Rotas communicationWe've updated the rota communication page to be consistent with other modules and make it easier to communicate with people in ministries, roles and teams. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/425-communicating-to-individuals-and-groups-through-churchsuite#ro
- 16-Apr-2018 Unsubscribe in emailsWe've added an unsubscribe link to the footer of emails sent from within ChurchSuite. When a recipient clicks the link they can easily manage their opt in/out communication preferences or select the "forget me" right to be forgotten option. Changes logs are added back in ChurchSuite and key dates added accordingly. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/475-managing-communication-preferences
- 16-Apr-2018 Group sign-up notificationsWe've added a module option to determine whether a sign-ups contact details should be partially obfuscated/masked when displayed in sign-up notification emails. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/333-enabling-small-group-sign-up-through-your-website
- 11-Apr-2018 Smart Tag support for new communication optionsSmart Tags now support conditions for the new "Receive phone calls" and "Receive post" communication options in both the Address Book and the Children modules. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/37-smart-tags
- 09-Apr-2018 Event batch actionsYou can now perform batch actions against events on the event index page. The following can be edited: category, site, sign up via My ChurchSuite and/or Embed, visibility in My ChurchSuite, Embed, Connect and/or as a featured event. If you want to delete the selected events, you can choose to delete the linked bookings. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/470-using-batch-actions-to-perform-bulk-updates-to-data
- 06-Apr-2018 New communication options for receiving post and phone callsIn the Address Book and Children module options we've added two new communication option fields for "Receive post?" and "Receive phone calls?". If enabled, the options are included wherever the Communication section is displayed. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/475-managing-communication-preferences
- 05-Apr-2018 Connect Android appWe have released our Connect Android app, found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.churchsuite.connect. The app allows you to print Child Check-in labels to supported Brother label printers via WiFi and Bluetooth, using continuous or die cut labels. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/472-churchsuite-connect-app
- 08-May-2018 New terms of serviceOur new Terms of Service are effective from today. These have been produced in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), ahead of the 25th May 2018. https://churchsuite.com/terms-of-service
- 11-Apr-2018 Support accessAs part of our own Data Protection Impact Assessment for GDPR compliance, we've implemented new internal processes for our support team, meaning that we can only access your account when you, the data controller, enable support access. Access can be enabled and disabled by Administrators as required. When disabled, we may only be able to provide general support responses and support article links. https://support.churchsuite.com/article/476-enabling-and-disabling-churchsuite-support-team-access
- 10-Apr-2018 Acceptable use policyAs part of our GDPR compliance preparations, we've written a new policy (found in the footer links in ChurchSuite) called "Acceptable Use Policy". This is essentially a helpful list of "do's and don'ts" for users who are otherwise only indirectly bound by the Terms of Service between us and the data controller. The acceptable use policy provides data controllers and their users some basic "ground rules" of acceptable use of the service. https://churchsuite.com/terms-of-service---acceptable-use
- 08-Apr-2018 Updated GDPR-ready Terms of ServiceWe've updated our Terms of Service, which will be changing from May 8, 2018 in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) coming into effect on 25th May 2018. They are available to preview now. https://churchsuite.com/terms-of-service-gdpr
If you have any thoughts or suggestions for us, please let us know - we'd love to hear from you.